Click here for LRAP application materials due May 1st.
Please Help Renew State Funding for LRAP
LRAP has a hearing in the Minnesota House on Tuesday, March 19th. If your Representative is on this committee, please contact her or him TODAY in support of education debt relief for legal aid attorneys helping low-income clients secure essential needs. To find your Representative visit: http://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/districts/
Refer to the bill number HF 2363
- Mention the hearing in the Higher Ed Committee on Tuesday, March 19th
- Ask the Representative to support the bill because…
- For each eligible client legal aid helps, two are turned away due to lack of funding.
- Law school debt of $150,000 or more and legal aid salaries starting at $50,000 or less prevent dedicated attorneys from working in public service.
- Funding from the State of Minnesota made it possible to sustain the work of five (5) additional attorneys serving some 1,000 low-income clients throughout Minnesota in 2018. A total of 50 LRAP attorneys helped some 10,000 low-income Minnesotans in 2018.
- Offer to answer any questions s/he has.
- Leave call back number.
For questions about this legislation or LRAP, please contact, Heather Rastorfer Vlieger, Executive Director at (612)278-6315.